Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remove disk or media (NBCaine2.0.dd) (SOLVED)

Post  Smokey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

I have extracted the files from the .dd and i have also enlarged the casper-rw as well, but when i boot up usb i get the message

Remove disk or media
Press any key to continue

Can anyone shed any light to what is going on with this and how do i fix it ? i ask because i followed all the instructions and it does look right looking at the directory , could it be a problem with the vesamenu.c32 or isolinux ?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Last edited by Smokey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes)
Smokey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NBCaine2.0.dd Remove disk or media on boot (SOLVED)

Post  Smokey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello this has been wiped once sh*tty internet, but Nannib and i ( mostly Nannib ) helped me to fixed my quandary and it was down to a couple of factors which had been holding me back from getting NBCaine2.0.dd onto my usb stick, one of which was my choice in browser. I use ( or had ) used Chromium and Safari for months and without knowing each time i downloaded this it had been a corrupt file that i had been getting. I swiftly got Firefox and that problem had been fixed.
My next problem i found is that when extracting the .dd file to my usb stick ( /dev/sdb ) i had been using /dev/sdb1 the partition of my usb stick. Yes this might of been a newbie mistake but i thought it was at least worth posting my result of this up as you never know someone might need to see this.

Thanks Nannib

Smokey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top