Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

Post  Ragondin on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Hello,

I'm a new user of CAINE 3.0 Live CD.
I want to copy files from a memory card to a USB drive.
In that purpose, I use Mounter to mount source in read only mode and mount destination drive in read/write mode.

I don't understand why I cannot copy files to destination drive ("Paste", "Create files" options for this drive are disabled).

I tried also the "Forensic Tool"s / "Save as an evidence" script, no file is created on destination drive, whatever type of USB drive I plug in.

Any idea what the problem is ?

Thanks for your help.

Ragondin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destination USB drive mounted read/write doesn't accept files

Post  MAX.KNIGHT68 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Ragondin wrote:Hello,

I'm a new user of CAINE 3.0 Live CD.
I want to copy files from a memory card to a USB drive.
In that purpose, I use Mounter to mount source in read only mode and mount destination drive in read/write mode.

I don't understand why I cannot copy files to destination drive ("Paste", "Create files" options for this drive are disabled).

I tried also the "Forensic Tool"s / "Save as an evidence" script, no file is created on destination drive, whatever type of USB drive I plug in.

Any idea what the problem is ?

Thanks for your help.

Hello, i am a new user of CAINE 3.0 LiveCD too.
Few days ago i had the same problem you are describing in here. I have tried to copy a video file that i had previously recorded with the tool RecordMyDesktop which is included in the "Sound & Video"submenu.
In order to do that, first i have mounted my pendrive in read/write mode with the mounter, then i tried to copy the video. Nothing happened Sad the file was not copied. I also tried to compress the file into an archive but i failed...
After several attempts, when i was almost to give up, in the end i succeded. Very Happy but, believe me i sincerely don't know.
i think it is a problem related to th file's permissions but as i am new linux/ubuntu user, this subject is unknown to me yet. Surprised
However i will try again to copy files from a device to another and (maybe) i will record a new video in order to show you the solution i have found.

Greetings.
Merry Xmas
Happy New Year santa

MAX.KNIGHT68

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nannib on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

you have to use "sudo" or the Caja (clicking in the panel bar on the bottom) so you can use Caja as root and not as user.
bye

http://www.nannibassetti.com
nannib
Admin

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-10-28

View user profile http://www.nannibassetti.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down