CAINE LiveCD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help

3 posters

Go down

Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help Empty Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help

Post  ziom6271 Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi, I am from Poland and I have a problem. I have a hard drive WD 2TB, it was a external hard drive but my interface from this drive was broken. And my teacher told me that caine can broke the security of this drive. My drive is Western Digital My Book Elite 2TB. I have the Caine 2.0 on my other computer where I mount this drive as a slave and I don't know what can I do to broke the security. Please help me Smile

ziom6271

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help Empty Re: Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help

Post  nannib Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 am

Caine is a collection of tools...if you want to try to recove your files or your hard disk...you can use many of them...for istance:
testdisk
photorec
foremost
autopsy
It depends....try testdisk...but pay attention!
bye
nannib
nannib
Admin

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.nannibassetti.com/

Back to top Go down

Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help Empty More information, please?

Post  slo.sleuth Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm

It is not possible for us to respond to a statement that CAINE broke your drive's "security." We don't know what that means.

Bootable CAINE, by default, makes no changes to attached devices. Installed CAINE will, of course, install a Linux operating System and alter at least one partition on your storage device as well as modify the master boot record (if you take the Grub default, which is recommended). However, devices attached to the system with installed CAINE will still mount read-only by default.

Therefore, you have to specify read/write mounting to change data on a device. I suspect that unless you mounted read/write with CAINE, that CAINE did not cause any damage to your device. However, you'll need to tell us more about the problem before we can help you.

Cheers,
slo.sleuth
slo.sleuth
slo.sleuth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-31

http://linuxsleuthing.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help Empty Re: Problem of Security Hadr Drive. Please Help

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down